Facing Food insecurity?
For the health and safety of our community, all college offices have moved services online Wednesday, March 18 through Friday, April 24. College offices will reopen to the public on April 27.
During the public closure, the food pantry will be closed and the Lynnwood Food Bank will not be on campus. We will instead provide resources at Seaview Gym, on the dates and times listed on our calendar below.
At the gym, students and staff will be able to:
- Pick up a grocery bag of food and personal hygiene supplies
- Use the showers and bathrooms in the staff locker rooms
- Access WiFi in the parking lot, locker rooms, or aerobics room
Please bring your EdPass when you come. Bags will be available under a blue canopy on the east side of the gym, next to Parking Lot C.
- Due to limited resources, you many only pick up one bag per week.
- Grocery bags are for students and staff who are dealing with food insecurity and are not meant to stock your shelves during this time. If you don't need this food, please consider leaving these resources for those who need it.
- Social distancing measures will be strictly enforced, and there will be a limit as to how many people are let into the locker rooms at a time. Please be patient while waiting for others to utilize these resources.
We plan on opening the food pantry April 27 and having the Lynnwood Food Bank back on campus on April 30. While we are closed, please check the local food banks listed in at the bottom of this page.
We will update the information on this page regularly to keep you posted on any changes.
All college updates, resources, and information about COVID-19 is available at edcc.edu/coronavirus. Thank you for your flexibility and understanding.
We know you can't do your best in class on an empty stomach and we want to help you succeed! The Edmonds CC Food Pantry, located upstairs in the Triton Student Center (Brier 240), is a free service available to Edmonds CC students and employees experiencing food needs.
Thanks to the Green Fund, the Edmonds CC Foundation, the Associated Students of Edmonds Community College (ASEdCC) and the Office of Equity and Inclusion for their support. And a huge thank you to the Garneau-Nicon Foundation! Without their support, none of this would be possible! Also, thank you to the Maytag, Just Like Home Laundromat for providing laundry vouchers. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for vouchers.
Items typically available include: non-perishable food items such as canned food, pastas, grains, dried fruits, as well as limited kitchen utensils, and hygiene products.
The Edmonds CC Food Pantry is funded in part by the Campus Green Fund, sponsored by the Associated Students of Edmonds Community College. The Campus Green Fund provides resources to further the Sustainability Initiative on campus with awards to students, staff, and faculty for projects that model environmentally, economically, and socially sustainable practices in the campus community.
- All students and employees must have a current EdPass to access the Food Pantry, or write down their name and SID numbers.
- Students and staff can utilize the pantry no more than once a week
- Everyone who uses the pantry must sign a disclaimer that releases Edmonds CC from liability.
- Each person must be present to receive supplies.
Food Pantry Hours
See hours below for more details and specific times.
*Hours subject to change. For emergency food access during off hours, or for access to Laundromat Vouchers, please go to the Center for Student Cultural Diversity and Inclusion (CSCDI), located in Brier 154 or contact Stewart Sinning at email@example.com
You can help support the Edmonds CC Food Pantry by donating nonperishable and not expired food items! All donations will be used to stock the Food Pantry and support members of the college campus community. Donation bin located outside of Brier 240. Items needed include:
- Canned fruits, vegetables, soups and meats
- Dried fruits and meats
- Oatmeal, grains, rice, pasta
- Nuts, nut butters, and seeds
- Other non-perishable food items
Other Items Accepted:
- Kitchen utensils (forks, can opener, spoons)
- Hygiene products (shampoo, deodorant, feminine hygiene products, etc.)
Sign Up to Volunteer
Check the Edmonds CC Center for Service-Learning for opportunities to volunteer.
Why a Food Pantry?
The lack of access to affordable, nutritious food is common at colleges and universities across the country. Studies have shown that students with food needs have lower completion rates and students who are unable to access nutritional food tend to not do as well academically.
The food pantry is not a place to get free snacks, however, it is for Edmonds CC students and employees in need.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who can use the food pantry?
A: Any employee or currently enrolled student at Edmonds Community College.
Q: How often can I use the food pantry?
A: Once per week. You will be able to select a limited number of food items.
Q: What kind of food can I get at the pantry?
A: Non-perishable items: bars, pepperoni, nuts, raisins, canned soup, stew, beans, vegetables, fruit, noodles, ramen, rice, pasta, shelf stable milk, and juice. We also have toiletry items, like toothbrushes, soap and deodorant.
Q: Do I need to provide my name?
A: Yes. You will also need to swipe your EdPass or show a registration receipt, provide your zip code, and sign a disclaimer form. Please bring your own bag or backpack.