Facing Food insecurity?
The Edmonds Community College Food Pantry
We know you can't do your best in class on an empty stomach and we want to help you succeed! The Edmonds CC Food Pantry, located upstairs in the Triton Student Center (Brier 240), is a free service available to Edmonds CC students and employees experiencing food needs.
Thanks to the Green Fund, the Edmonds CC Foundation and the Associated Students of Edmonds Community College (ASEdCC) for their support.
Items typically available include: non-perishable food items such as canned food, pastas, grains, dried fruits, as well as limited kitchen utensils, and hygiene products.
- All students and employees must have a current EdPass to access the Food Pantry, or write down their name and SID numbers.
- Students and staff can utilize the pantry no more than once a week
- Everyone who uses the pantry must sign a disclaimer that releases Edmonds CC from liability.
- Each person must be present to receive supplies.
Winter Quarter Hours* (starting week of Jan. 2):
- Wednesdays: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursdays: 10 a.m.-12 pm; 2-4 p.m.
- The Lynnwood Food Bank comes every second and fourth Thursday of the month from 1-3
(or when supplies run out) and serves up fresh fruit, meat, eggs, bread, veggies and
other perishable items.
THE LYNNWOOD FOOD BANK WILL NOT BE ON CAMPUS ON 2/14 DUE TO ROAD CONDITIONS. THEY WILL BE AT EDMONDS CC ON 2/21 AND 2/28.
*Hours subject to change. For emergency food access during off hours, please go to the Center for Student Cultural Diversity and Inclusion (CSCDI), located in Brier 154.
You can help support the Edmonds CC Food Pantry by donating nonperishable and not expired food items! All donations will be used to stock the Food Pantry and support members of the college campus community. Donation bin located outside of Brier 240. Items needed include:
- Canned fruits, vegetables, soups and meats
- Dried fruits and meats
- Oatmeal, grains, rice, pasta
- Nuts, nut butters, and seeds
- Other non-perishable food items
Other Items Accepted:
- Kitchen utensils
- Hygiene products (shampoo, deodorant, etc.)
Sign Up to Volunteer
Check each week for the sign up times to help out.
Why a Food Pantry?
The lack of access to affordable, nutritious food is common at colleges and universities across the country. Studies have shown that students with food needs have lower completion rates and students who are unable to access nutritional food tend to not do as well academically.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who can use the food pantry?
A: Any employee or currently enrolled student at Edmonds Community College.
Q: How often can I use the food pantry?
A: Once per week. You will be able to select a limited number of food items.
Q: What kind of food can I get at the pantry?
A: Non-perishable items: bars, pepperoni, nuts, raisins, canned soup, stew, beans, vegetables, fruit, noodles, ramen, rice, pasta, shelf stable milk, and juice. We also have toiletry items, like toothbrushes, soap and deodorant.
Q: Do I need to provide my name?
A: Yes. You will also need to swipe your EdPass or show a registration receipt, provide your zip code, and sign a disclaimer form. Please bring your own bag or backpack.