Get a Jumpstart on your college life
Triton Jumpstart provides students with a dynamic and meaningful experience facilitated by Edmonds CC faculty and staff. Students are given opportunities to connect their strengths to the overall development of their academic success. Students engage with one another in small groups led by faculty, learn about the programs, services, and resources Edmonds CC has to offer for their success, tour the campus, and more!
Triton Jumpstart Teaching and Learning Session Description and Learning Objectives:
The teaching and learning session is approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes. It is an activity-based curriculum consisting of a welcome and introduction, four reflective learning exercises, and opportunities for Q & A. After the faculty facilitated activities, the Triton Navigator (peer leader) will lead a short reflecting and connecting session. This teaching and learning session’s chief learning objectives are to:
- Build self-efficacy and resiliency in students.
- Help students see strengths in self and others
- Help students see the impact of these strengths on the college and workplace
- Familiarize and connect students with the many student-centered resources and services available on campus
- Help students connect to one another
- Coach students to develop an individual achievement goal. Call upon them to specify “what they will do in the first 30 days” to achieve their desired goal. Inspire them to ponder how achieving such a goal will make a difference in their lives.
- Encourage students to ask questions; model for students how to form suitable, constructive and practical questions and strategies to navigate common, inescapable barriers and help students learn to read and respond appropriately to the variety of environments that they will encounter at the college.
Next Jumpstart scheduled for Fall Quarter 2019
Stay tuned for Fall Quarter dates. (Orientation starts at 5 p.m., no drop-ins after this time)
Triton Student Center | Brier Hall Lobby
New international students attend the Orientation Week held at the beginning of each quarter.
Please Note: *Students on a non-immigrant visa (F-1) who have applied through International Student Services will participate in a separate orientation and advising schedule. Please visit edcc.edu/international for more information or contact email@example.com
Questions? Contact the Center for Student Engagement & Leadership
firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.640.1581 | Brier Hall, second floor, room 252