Volunteering Opportunities for InternationAl Students
Theresia Jennifer (Indonesia)
"Volunteering gave me tremendous learning opportunities outside of classroom – not only it allowed me to connect and give back to our community, which what I always strive for, it also helped me develop my organization and leadership skills. Volunteering at different events for various causes had opened my eyes to see life from many different perspectives and definitely had helped form me into who I am today. "
Yuka Danno (Japan)
"I believe as an international student, a feeling of being a part of community is very important in a college life. Volunteering at Holly House, a cultural night at an elementary school, or cultural events on campus impacted on me to connect between community and school. I've learned teamwork skills, communication skills, being flexible and to understand cultural differences."
What is Service Learning?
The National Service-Learning Clearinghouse describes service learning as "a teaching and learning strategy that integrates meaningful community service with instruction and reflection to enrich the learning experience, teach civic responsibility, and strengthen communities."
- October 26: Cedar Way Elementary School Harvest Festival
- 15 volunteers needed for a Harvest Festival!
- Roles include helping with games and activities for school age children
- October 26, 2018
- At 22222 39th Ave W, Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043
- Dinner is included. Volunteers may wear a Halloween costume but it is not required.
- Sign up by emailing Stephanie Eshuisfirstname.lastname@example.org
- October 27-28: Volunteer for Special Olympics Washington
- Volunteers needed for the 2018 Snohomish Area Bowling Tournament
- Roles include scorekeeping, awards, merchandise, and more!
- October 27-28, 2018
- At Bowlero Lynnwood - 1222 164th St SW, Lynnwood, WA 98087
- Volunteers needed from 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. each day
- Volunteer Registration
- Volunteer Information
- Questions? Email Elise Tinseth email@example.com
November 3: Volunteer for Camelot Society fundraiser
- Volunteers needed at a fundraiser for the Camelot Society, an organization that helps individuals with special needs to live extraordinary lives.
- Roles include event set up, clean up, and help during the event.
- At Holy Rosary Parish - 760 Aloha Street, Edmonds, WA
- Volunteers needed between 1-9 p.m.
- Contact Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425.771.2108 for sign up or questions.
- Transportation not included.
- Recommendation Letter
- Background Check
Volunteer Opportunities On Campus
Volunteer Opportunities Off Campus
- Annie's Kitchen
- Clothes for Kids
- Lynnwood Food Bank
- Rotary Club
- Volunteer Match
- Volunteers of America
Questions? Contact email@example.com | 425.640.1518