Volunteering Opportunities for InternationAl Students
Theresia Jennifer (Indonesia)
"Volunteering gave me tremendous learning opportunities outside of classroom – not only it allowed me to connect and give back to our community, which what I always strive for, it also helped me develop my organization and leadership skills. Volunteering at different events for various causes had opened my eyes to see life from many different perspectives and definitely had helped form me into who I am today. "
Yuka Danno (Japan)
"I believe as an international student, a feeling of being a part of community is very important in a college life. Volunteering at Holly House, a cultural night at an elementary school, or cultural events on campus impacted on me to connect between community and school. I've learned teamwork skills, communication skills, being flexible and to understand cultural differences."
What is Service Learning?
The National Service-Learning Clearinghouse describes service learning as "a teaching and learning strategy that integrates meaningful community service with instruction and reflection to enrich the learning experience, teach civic responsibility, and strengthen communities."
Cedar Way Elementary School Harvest Fest, Oct. 25
- We need volunteers to help with games and activity booths.
- Dinner is included. Students can wear Halloween costumes but are not required.
- Please be there at 5:40 p.m. Volunteers will have two 45 minute volunteer shifts.
- Transportation not included. Cedar Way Elementary School's address is 22222 39th Ave W, Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043.
National Day of Service at Gold Park, Oct. 26
- Service Learning opportunity at Gold Park, 2 blocks from campus!
- Sign up here!
- October 26 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Camelot Society Auction Volunteer, Oct. 26
Camelot Society is hosting a "Starts of Camelot" auction. Many positions available for a fun filled evening while volunteering. Volunteers are needed from 1-9 p.m. at the Holy Rosary Parish in Edmonds, WA.
- If you are interested in this opportunity, please sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
AAUW Fundraiser, Dec. 6-7
- We need student volunteers to help with a fundraiser for the AAUW (American Association of University Women). This group raises $$ for Edmonds CC scholarships.
- December 6, 2019, 1-4 p.m. We need 5 volunteers to help setup Gateway 352.
- December 7, 2019, 2-3:30 p.m. We need 5 volunteers to help break down Gateway 352. If volunteers would like to come early, at noon, then they could have lunch.
- If you are interested in this opportunity, please sign up by emailing email@example.com
- Volunteer Tracking Sheet
- Volunteer organizations will not create certificates for your volunteer hours.
- The best way to track your volunteer hours is through a Volunteer Tracking Sheet.
- These make great supporting documents to resumes, personal statements, etc.
Volunteer Opportunities On Campus
Volunteer Opportunities Off Campus
- Annie's Kitchen
- Clothes for Kids
- Lynnwood Food Bank
- Rotary Club
- Volunteer Match
- Volunteers of America
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.640.1518