Volunteering Opportunities for InternationAl Students
Theresia Jennifer (Indonesia)
"Volunteering gave me tremendous learning opportunities outside of classroom – not only it allowed me to connect and give back to our community, which what I always strive for, it also helped me develop my organization and leadership skills. Volunteering at different events for various causes had opened my eyes to see life from many different perspectives and definitely had helped form me into who I am today. "
Yuka Danno (Japan)
"I believe as an international student, a feeling of being a part of community is very important in a college life. Volunteering at Holly House, a cultural night at an elementary school, or cultural events on campus impacted on me to connect between community and school. I've learned teamwork skills, communication skills, being flexible and to understand cultural differences."
What is Service Learning?
The National Service-Learning Clearinghouse describes service learning as "a teaching and learning strategy that integrates meaningful community service with instruction and reflection to enrich the learning experience, teach civic responsibility, and strengthen communities."
Friends of WPC Nepal: November 30 and December 1
- Volunteers are needed to help Friends of WPC Nepal with their Giving Marketplace at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Discovery Center on Friday, November 30 and Saturday December 1 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. both days.
- We will be among over 30 vendors and organizations that support causes such as empowering women and girls, protecting the environment, providing clean water, and responding to the refugee crisis.
- If you would like to volunteer to help with this event on any of these days, please email email@example.com for more information.
Holly House: December 7, 8, and 9
- Volunteers are needed to help Holly House, a non-profit organization, for their event that allows local parents to come shop for free for their children on Sunday, Dec. 9, 2018.
- Volunteers needed on December 7, 8, and 9. Come when you can, sign up is not required. Transportation is not provided. Please check local bus schedules. No set times are required.
Former St Vincent de Paul Bdg (next to Value Village)
17214 Highway 99,
Lynnwood, WA 98037
- Available Volunteer Hours:
Set-Up: Fri., Dec. 7-9:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Set-Up: Sat., Dec. 8-10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Parent Shopping Day: Sun., Dec. 9-7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Tear-Down: Sun, Dec. 9 p.m. to 1:30 ish a.m.
Also needed are Spanish and Russian Interpreters
Sunday, December 9, 2018
7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sign Up:
Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help or just show up
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hollyhouseforkids
Blog - hollyhouseforkids.blogspot.com
Website - http://hollyhouseforkids.org
- Recommendation Letter
- Background Check
Volunteer Opportunities On Campus
Volunteer Opportunities Off Campus
- Annie's Kitchen
- Clothes for Kids
- Lynnwood Food Bank
- Rotary Club
- Volunteer Match
- Volunteers of America
Questions? Contact email@example.com | 425.640.1518