Your Student Email
When you'll get access
Follow the steps outlined below as soon as possible. Your EdMail becomes active 24-48 hours after registering for a course greater than 0.0 credits. Write down your EdMail address and keep it safe.
You'll need your Student ID number (SID): 95XXXXXXX and PIN and your date of birth MMDDYY (Example: September 12, 2011= 091211).
All students enrolled in any course greater than 0.0 credits at Edmonds Community College have an EdMail student email account. All important information from the college — about enrollment, financial aid, classes, etc. — is sent through your EdMail account. We do not use your personal email.
- View a tutorial covering how to create your account and password.
- Learn how to forward your EdMail to another email address.
- Get help with any campus technology by contacting the Student Technology Advice & Resource Team (START). Find us in Lynnwood Hall Room 305, call 425.640.1101, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
EdMail, Canvas, and Financial Aid
Your @edmail.edcc.edu email account is automatically loaded into Canvas and the Financial Aid system, replacing your personal email address. All email sent via Canvas and from Financial Aid, including mail sent from instructors, will go to students' EdMail addresses. You are responsible for communications sent to this address. Your Canvas login will not be affected.
Why Do We Do This?
EdMail is the official means of communication between Edmonds Community College and our students. Our goal is to provide a reliable and secure email address for important college business, such as emergency communications, communicating with your instructors and student government, and contacting financial aid or enrollment services.
Benefits to students
- Increased data storage (7 gigabytes)
- Easy-to-use interface
- Powerful security features, including virus scanning and spam filters
- Access to educational discounts on software through .edu email address
- Keeps your school and personal communication separate
EdMail also gives you access to online applications, including:
- Google Docs — Create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations online. Collaborate on group projects in the same documents in real time. Access these online documents from any computer, anywhere.
- Google Calendar — Keep track of appointments and tasks.
- Google Sites — Create unlimited sites to manage and share your work.