New Student Advising (NSA)
Out of an abundance of caution, New Student Advising is now only offered via Zoom. Prior to your scheduled NSA session, the advisor will send you an email with your first quarter sheet and a link to Zoom. Join at your scheduled time.
Prior to your session you must have:
1) Applied to the college
2) Received Math and English placement
3) Viewed the online NSA videos and filled out the Notice of Completion form to show that you have completed the NSA.
4) Scheduled an NSA session (see schedule below)
Prior to registration, all new degree and certificate seeking students must attend NSA. This will be your first advising session, where you can ask questions and receive important information.
Visiting students seeking summer credits to transfer to a four year institution or those seeking credits to enhance job skills do not need to sign up for an NSA. For other exempt programs please see below*.
In order to sign up for NSA, students must:
- apply to the college
- have math and English placement
- watch the online NSA videos and fill out the Notice of Completion form to show that you have completed the NSA
NSA will cover:
- Areas of Study
- Transfer and Professional/Technical Paths
- Understanding Placement
- Your Class Schedule
- Class Registration (during open enrollment)
- Trition Connect
- Student Progress/Early Alert
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Tools and Resources
- Funding Sources
- Support Programs
Schedule (subject to change)
You can also call the Advising Resource Center at 425.640.1458 to sign up for a New Student Advising session.
*Students working with any of the below programs do not need to participate in NSA. Please reach out to your program directly for next steps.
Running Start, WATR Center, Corrections, Con’t Ed, ABE/ESL/Int’l HS, HS 21+/HS Compl/GED/EDCAP/IBEST, OIP, CIHS/ WBW, FLED, Early Achievers Grant, BAS in Child, Youth, and Family Studies, Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) and WorkFirst.
**Students on a non-immigrant visa (F-1) who have applied through Office of International Programs will participate in a separate orientation and advising schedule. Please visit edcc.edu/international for more information or contact email@example.com