Advising for Student Success
Academic Advising educates students as they navigate the world of higher education; providing support for articulation and achievement of their educational and career goals, and by creating an environment for personal transformation, lifelong learning, and success.
Virtual Advising Services
Phone Advising: Book using
Log in with your Canvas account. Learn how to use Triton Connect.
An Advisor Can Help You:
- understand course requirements,
- navigate the campus and connect to resources,
- explore career training programs,
- learn about transferring to a 4-year college or university,
- determine how to finish your degree,
- understand the graduation process.
Be Prepared to Speak With an Advisor:
Your advisor (academic or faculty) will have the opportunity to give you more valuable information if you come prepared. When you come in, please have the following documents with you:
- Class Schedule: courses you are currently registered for
- Unofficial Transcript: for all colleges attended
- Program Requirement Sheet: filled in with courses you have completed towards your degree/certificate
- Official Credit Evaluation: if one has been done
- Any academic/career planning you have done
How to get advising
There are many advising opportunities available. From admission to graduation students are encouraged to meet with an advisor every quarter.
New students are welcomed to Edmonds CC with a New Student Advising (NSA) session. During NSA, an advisor will help you to understand your placements, connect your strengths and goals with Edmonds CC programs of study, and teach you how to register for classes online. Check out the NSA schedule online.
Students will learn more about their program of study in a program specific advising session. Advising sessions are open to prospective, new and continuing students. During a session, an advisor will lead discussion about your program of study/academic department, answer group questions, and provide time for individual academic advising. You will meet fellow peers in your program and plan your next steps! Check out the current schedule online.
Faculty advisors bring valuable expertise related to programs of study, courses, university programs, and the job market. They are invaluable as mentors for students and they can provide insight into course content and course selection. Check in with the Advising Resource Center to see if your faculty advisors are currently offering advising.
*Students on a non-immigrant visa (F-1) who have applied through International Student Services will participate in a separate orientation and advising schedule. Please visit edcc.edu/international for more information or contact email@example.com