Apply for a tutor position at the Learning Support Center
If you enjoy being in an academic environment with other students and have done well in your classes, we invite students to consider filling out an application to be a tutor at the Learning Support Center. While we do most of our hiring at the end of Spring quarter and over Summer quarter for the following academic year, we are always accepting applications most subjects, including: math, writing, chemistry, biology, psychology, logic, accounting, statistics, BSTEC, CIS, computer science, and more.
To qualify as a tutor in our program, you must:
- Have a 3.6 in the subject(s) to be tutored,
- Be an Edmonds Community College student enrolled in at least 6 units or a graduate,
- Interview with the Learning Support Center Director and/or Assistant Director, and
- Have a Social Security Number or be eligible to get one.
- (Recommended but not mandatory: Have a signed instructor recommendation form for each subject you wish to tutor.)
The advantages of being an Edmonds Community College tutor are that you:
- Help others achieve their academic goals with your guidance;
- Reinforce your knowledge of course content, which will help you as you advance in your college career;
- Improve your communication skills;
- Develop skills to work in a multicultural, diverse work environment;
- Learn effective teaching techniques;
- Get paid for learning and on-the-job training ($11.50 per hour);
- Build your work schedule around your classes; and
- Work at a convenient on-campus location.
If you're interested in applying, you can download a tutor application. If you have any questions or just want to drop off your application, stop by Mukilteo Hall, room 113.